Saturday, April 16, 2016

New Dual Sport

On Tuesday of this week I picked up a new dual sport ... 2016 Suzuki DR650S. I picked up the DR650 because my 21yo son has been been showing an extreme amount of interest in all the dual sport rallies and activities that I've been involved with since I obtained the KLR650 last November. Although he is full time employed as a plumber, we'll be able to hook up on week ends for some dual sport action. Most rallies are on the weekends as it is.



I'm going to start with a set of Shinko E-804/805 Block Knobbies on the DR650. I got a set from Revzilla for about $150. Much cheaper than the Conti TKC80s I run on the KLR650 and hopefully have a little better tread life.

Also waiting on a SWMotech Bash Plate and a TCI Boreggo Luggage Rack (via Moose Racing). Other than that, I don't plan on doing much to the DR. When I though the KLR650 was a bare bones piece of equipment, the DR650 is really a bare bones motorcycle.

Check out the new blog, Devils Creek DR.


No comments:

Post a Comment