Tuesday, February 5, 2019

2019 Rally Calendar - In Process

My 2019 rally calendar kicked off in early January with the Polar Bear Adventure ride out of Keystone Heights, Florida and covered the northeastern section of Ocala National Forest. That was a great ride, particularly following the Wild Bear Safari out of New Smyrna Beach that had us in the southeastern section of ONF.

Looking forward, I'm working on 2019 rally calendar. Here's where I'm at:

February 8-10 The ADVShit Figure it Out Rally, Dinner Island Ranch WMA, Okaloacoochee Slough Forest, and Spirit of the Wild WMA, Clewiston, Florida Area. This ride is an impromptu event that was organized to replace the annual South Florida Winter Rally. Last time I did this rally was 2016. Not a hard track, very adventurish...except his track includes the highly unpredictable Jane's Scenic Highway. Here's a photo of my son on the KLR on Jane's back in 2017. Gonna get our feet wet.


March 1-3 Devils Creek DixieDualSport, Brooksville, Florida. Devils Creek is the gold standard dual sport ride in Florida. To give you and idea how popular this event is, it sold out its 150 spots 14 hours after the registration opened. This will be my fourth Devi's Creek. My first year I was on the KLR, the next two years I was on my DR650. This year I'll be doing the nasty swamp trail on the KLX250.


April 12-14 Spring Southern Discovery Rally, Hohenwald, Tennessee. Hohenwald is just south of Nashville and it takes me two days to get there. However, it's worth it. This will be my third trip, having missed all of last year. This is one of the most fun dual sport rallies that I participate in. The tracks are outstanding.


April 26-28 Perry Mountain Tower Run, Stanton, Alabama. The Tower Run kicks off the 2019 American Motorcycle Association Dual Sport Series. It's the closest event that I can get to on their schedule this year. This will be my first time doing the Tower Run. It is known to be a very challenging and technical "enduroish" event.



June 7-9 The Hooch, Greater Georgia Recreational Trail Riders Association, Suches, Georgia. Registration is not yet open, but I look forward to returning to the amazing North Georgia Mountains. The event is hosted out of very remote Two Wheels at Suchs Motorcycle Camp. It's simply an amazing track, with some optional OHV tracks. This was the location of my famous collision in the creek photo (below). No harm, no foul...it's was the guy's impatient daughter that bounced off of him and was sent careening down the creek.


That's all I have committed to at this time. I'm currently reviewing the 2019 Cherokee Chuck Calendar of Events. I've done the Road and Trails Rally and the BRR Blue Ridge. I'll probably focus on his rides for the Fall Season Rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment