Sunday, December 18, 2016

Tank Repair

As mentioned in my post on the Trackside Aluminum Handguards, a fuel leak during a fall/drop damaged the paint on the fuel tank of my 2016 KLR650....


I was thinking about doing the repair when I got a suggestion to see if Kawasaki may repair it under warranty. Well, the problem there is that it was about two weeks out of warranty. However, the old adage that "you don't get anything you don't ask for" applied, so I discussed it with my dealer, Barneys Brandon. They didn't really poo-poo the warranty idea as much as they thought the facts and circumstances indicated that the tank damage was more accident related than defective. Just the same, they asked to take a look and thought that there was no harm in sending the claim in to see if it would fly.

Well dang...the dealer called again to see if I could bring the bike back yesterday for another inspection as requested by Kawi; they wanted the dealer to inspect the tank for dents and other damage. If none, Kawi was going to warrant the paint damage.

Amazing! Kudos and props to Barneys Brandon and Kawasaki! 

No comments:

Post a Comment