Monday, February 8, 2016

Free Lifetime Engine Warranty

I was surfing the KLR650 listings in Craigslist. I check in to CL and eBay every once in awhile to see if someone is selling an accessory or part I might like. One never knows when a deal will pop up for a chain or something; you know you're going to need one eventually.

Anyway, I stumbled upon a dealer listing for a new 2016 Kawasaki KLR650 in Digital Camo ... just like mine. However, I noted that they offered "free" lifetime engine warranty. Not the extended warranty beyond the single year warranty period offered by Kawy. This was something the dealer came up with on their own. Very interesting.


Out of extreme curiosity, I lobbed a call in to the dealer to find that the warranty was subject to agreeing to have the dealership "timely" perform all maintenance outlined in the owner's manual periodic maintenance table. Ah, the catch.

I honestly told them that I wouldn't go for that because doing my own maintenance saves me enough money to buy a couple engines by the time mine blows up. However, I suppose if someone out there has their dealer do all the maintenance anyway, it may be of value to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment